6.6. The fuel pump - removal and installation
The mechanical pump (models with the carburetor engine)
1. Disconnect a wire of the minus plug of the accumulator. Remove a cap of a jellied mouth of a radiator. Remove the air filter.
5.2 Disconnect fuel hoses from the fuel pump
2. Disconnect fuel hoses from the pump (5.2).
5.3 Turn off fixing bolts of the pump (are specified by shooters) and remove the pump
3. Turn off fixing bolts of the pump (5.3).
4. Remove the pump and remove the remains of old laying from the surface of the pump and a head of the block of cylinders.
5. Check a condition of fuel hoses.
6. Installation is carried out upside-down removals. Use new laying.
The electric pump (models with fuel injection)
External fuel pump (Cordia and Tredia models)
7. Release pressure from a power supply system. Remove the left back wheel. Remove a fixing strip of the fuel tank and lower the fuel tank a little.
5.8 On the Cordia and Tredia models with injection of fuel remove the left back wheel and turn off fixing bolts of the pump (are specified by shooters)
8. Turn off fixing bolts of the pump (5.8).
9. Disconnect fuel hoses and the socket of connection of the pump. Remove the pump from a fixing arm.
10. Installation is carried out upside-down removals.
The fuel pump installed
in fuel tank (all other models)
5.11a On some models, for example Galant, the fuel pump is removed sideways the fuel tank therefore the fuel tank is not required to be removed - just disconnect the connection socket, fuel tubes and turn off fixing screws
11. Release pressure from a power supply system. Disconnect a wire of the minus plug of the accumulator. Remove the fuel tank if it is necessary, or disconnect fuel tubes and the socket of connection (5.11a and 5.11b).
5.11b On other models, such as Colt, Lancer, Mirage, the fuel pump acts from above the fuel tank therefore fuel it is necessary to remove from the car
1. Cap of a jellied mouth
2. Drain cap
3. Hose of the return pipeline
4. Fuel supply hose
5. Control valve
6. Ventilating hose
7. Hose of a jellied mouth
8. Ventilating hose
9. Fuel tank
10. Hose of the return pipeline
11. Fuel supply hose
12. Ventilating hose
13. Fuel pump
14. Internal fuel filter
15. Fuel level sensor
16. Ventilating hose
17. Two-traveling valve
18. Jellied mouth
12. Turn off fixing screws and get the fuel pump from a tank. Check soyetoyany laying of the pump and replace it if it is necessary.
13. Check the fuel filter on the lower party of the pump (5.11b). Clear or replace it.
14. Installation is carried out upside-down removals.