4.14. Pistons and rods - removal
13.1 In the top part of the cylinder are necessary for removal of a ledge the special tool - remove a ledge before removal of the piston
1. Check existence of a ledge in the top part of the cylinder and remove it before removal of the piston (13.1).
2. Turn the engine.
13.3 Check an axial side play of a rod by means of the probe
3. Check an axial side play of rods by means of a set of probes (13.3). If he is too great, the rod needs to be replaced. If it is too small, address experts for turning of a rod or a bent shaft.
4. Mark rods and covers of rods.
5. Turning off nuts of covers on a half of a turn, turn off and remove them. Uncover a rod of the first cylinder and an insert.
13.6 For protection of walls of the cylinder and a neck of a bent shaft put on pieces of a rubber hose rod bolts before its removal
6. Put on pieces of a rubber or plastic hose bolts of fastening of covers not to damage a wall of the cylinder and a neck of a bent shaft at removal of a rod (13.6).
7. Remove the top insert and get the piston and a rod from above of the engine.
8. Similarly remove other rods and pistons.
9. After removal of rods, establish inserts and covers into place and slightly put the fixing clamps.
10. Do not remove pistons from rods.