4.11. A head of the block of cylinders - cleaning and survey
1. Remove traces of old laying and sealant from a head surface. Remove a scum from water channels. Clean all other channels. Clean a wire brush carving openings and blow them compressed air.
2. Clear a head of the block of cylinders, yokes, springs, wave washers and axes of yokes, springs of valves, saddles of valves, croutons and plates solvent and dry up them.
3. Clean off deposits from valves, then clear heads and rods of valves a wire brush.
Survey Head of the block of cylinders
10.4 Check a head surface for existence of deformation by means of a ruler and a set of probes
4. Examine a head on existence of cracks, traces of leak and other damages. By means of a ruler and the probe check a head surface for deformation (10.4).
5. Examine saddles of valves if they underwent corrosion, burst or burned through, address experts.
10.6 For measurement a gap between a rod of the valve and the directing plug use the dial sensor
6. Check a gap between valves and the directing plugs, having measured the valve rod course by means of the dial sensor (10.6). When conducting check the distance between a saddle and a head of the valve has to be about 1,5 mm.
10.7 Check the valve for existence of wear in the specified places
and. New valve
. Worn-out valve
1. Valve tip
3. Rod (least worn-out area)
4. Rod (most worn-out area)
5. Valve head
7. Examine heads of valves on existence of wear, deformation, cracks, corrosion and the burned areas. Check a valve rod for existence of jags, cracks or deformation (10.7). If they are present, replace the valve.
10.8 Width of a facet of the valve has to be such as it is specified in the section of technical characteristics
8. Measure width of a facet of valves (10.8) and replace them if it is less minimum admissible.
Elements of valves
10.9 Measure valve spring length in a free state
9. Examine springs of valves on existence of wear and corrosion. Measure valve length in a free state (10.9). Check resistance of springs.
10:10 Check springs for deformation existence
10. Establish a spring on a flat surface and check it for existence of deformation (10.10).
11. Examine croutons and plates of springs on existence of cracks and wear tracks.
Elements of an axis of yokes
12. You watch Chapter 2 Part A.
Valves of an admission of the rarefied mix
13. Check ease of the course of all valves. Examine heads and saddles of valves on existence of damages. Check springs for existence of deformation and cracks.