3.6. Springs of valves, fastenings and slips - replacement
Attention! The broken springs of valves and the spoiled overlays of valves can be replaced, without removing a head of cylinders.
1. Uncover valves.
2. Unscrew a spark plug from the cylinder in which there is a spoiled detail. If you make replacement of all overlays of valves, then it is necessary to unscrew all candles.
3. Turn a bent shaft so that the piston of the cylinder in which there is a spoiled detail was in the top dead point. If you replace all overlays of valves, then begin with the first cylinder, and you make replacement in turn, according to the sequence of operation of cylinders.
5.4 The adapter which is screwing in in a spark plug opening
4. Screw in an adapter in an opening of a spark plug (5.4) and connect to an adapter a hose from the compressor.
5.5 If you use the tool shown in the photo, it is not obligatory to remove an axis of yokes of inlet valves
5. If you have no special lever tool (5.5), remove an axis of yokes.
6. Pump compressed air in the cylinder.
7. Under the influence of air pressure valves have to remain closed. If overlays of valves are in bad condition, then air leak will be observed.
8. If you have no compressor, then you can use an alternative method. Install the piston a little below than the top dead point. Insert a nylon rope into a spark plug opening and push it in inside until it completely does not fill the combustion chamber. Turn a bent shaft so that to feel easy resistance.
5.9 Get holders of a spring by means of flat-nose pliers with thin sponges.
9. Stop up with opening rags in a head of cylinders that in them tools and details did not fail. Squeeze a valve spring the special tool. Remove holders of a spring flat-nose pliers (5.9).
5.10 Remove the directing laying by flat-nose pliers.
10. Remove a basic washer of a spring and a spring of the valve, and then remove the directing laying (5.10):
11. Wrap up a rubber or insulating tape around the valve that it did not fail in the combustion chamber. Weaken air pressure.
12. Check whether the surface of the valve is damaged. Twist the valve in the directing plug to check whether it is bent.
13. Move the valve up and down, be convinced that it does not get stuck. If the valve gets stuck, it either is bent, or damaged. For carrying out repair it will be necessary to remove a head of cylinders.
14. Again pump air in the cylinder that the valve was closed. Shoot the insulating film from the valve.
5.15 Establish laying into place, having hammered it by means of the plug and the hammer.
15. Oil the valve engine and insert the new directing laying (5.15).
16. Establish a valve spring.
17. Establish a basic washer of a spring. Squeeze a spring and accurately insert holders into a groove. Apply a small amount of lubricant (5.15) on an internal surface of holders.
18. Release a spring and be convinced that holders sat down on the place.
5.17 Apply a small amount of lubricant on an internal surface of holders
19. Disconnect a hose of the compressor and unscrew an adapter from a spark plug opening. If you used a rope, get it from the cylinder.
20. Establish axes of yokes and a yoke.
21. Insert spark plugs and connect to them wires.
22. Establish a cover of valves.
23. Start the engine, check whether there are no leaks and unusual sounds from under a cover of valves.