3.13. A head of cylinders - removal and installation
1. Install the N1 piston in VMT.
2. Disconnect a wire from the minus plug of the accumulator.
3. Merge a cooler from the cooling system and unscrew spark plugs.
4. Remove an inlet collector
5. Remove a final collector
6. Remove the distributor.
7. In engines of carburetor type remove the fuel pump.
8. Take off a gas-distributing belt
9. Uncover valves
12:10 The sequence of a vyvinchivaniye Bol of t of a head of cylinders (turn the drawing if the asterisk is on the other hand)
1. 8 mm a key under a six-sided bolt
2. Gas-distributing belt
3. Inlet valves
4. Final valves
10. Using the 8th a millimetric key under a six-sided bolt, weaken bolts of a head of cylinders in the specified sequence (12.10) on one fourth turns everyone until they cannot be unscrewed manually.
12:11 Hook a head the lever
11. Remove a head and put it on wooden supports to avoid damage of the joined surface. If the head sits too rigidly, knock on it with the wooden hammer or hook the lever (12.11).
12:12 Clean off the remains of old laying from the joined surfaces of a head and the block of cylinders
12. Clean off the remains of old laying from the joined surfaces of a head and the block of cylinders (12.12).
Attention! In Galant engines of 1993 of release of SOHC and DOHC check length of cores of bolts of a head of cylinders. If it exceeds 99,4 mm, replace bolts.
12.13b the Identification tag has to be directed up and has to settle down from an asterisk
12.13a Establish new laying, adjusting pins are specified by shooters (1,5 l)
12:14 Sequence of tightening of bolts of a head of cylinders
14. Bolts of a head of cylinders need to be tightened in stages observing the required sequence (12.14).
15. Establish a gas-distributing belt.
16. Establish the remained details
17. Fill in a cooler and check levels of all liquids. Turn a bent shaft on two whole revolutions, check synchronizing tags.
18. Start the engine and warm up it up to the normal working temperature. Check the engine
on existence of leaks. Kill the engine, uncover valves and tighten bolts of a head of cylinders.