2.29. Check and replacement of wires of high voltage, cover of the distributor of ignition and runner
1. Every time when replacing spark plugs is recommended to check wires of high voltage.
2. Examine wires visually. In the dark examine wires at the working engine if in a wire there is a gap, then in this place sparks will be visible.
3. Wires of high voltage need to be checked in turn not to mix them.
27.2 At a detachment of wires of high voltage undertake a cap, but not wires
4. Disconnect a wire from a spark plug (27.2).
5. Check a cap for existence of corrosion and density of its installation on a spark plug.
6. Wipe a wire on all length and check for existence of cracks, the burned places or other damages.
7. Disconnect a wire from the distributor. Check reliability of connection and lack of corrosion.
8. Similarly check other wires of high voltage.
9. Replace wires if it is necessary.
28.10a by means of the small screw-driver disconnect fixing clips of a cover of the distributor
28.10b Main defects of a cover of the distributor of ignition
1. The broken-off edge
2. Traces from sparks
1. The erased contacts
2. The piece of coal is worn-out or damaged
3. Traces from sparks
10. Uncover the ignition distributor, having disconnected two fixing clips (28.10a). Examine an internal surface of a cover on existence of cracks, traces from sparks, check contacts (28.10b).
28.11 Check the ignition distributor runner for existence of wear tracks or corrosion
1. Insufficient rigidity of a spring
3. Friction traces about a cover
4. Corrosion on a runner tip
11. Remove the runner from an axis and examine it on existence of cracks and traces from sparks (28.11). Replace a cover and the runner if they are damaged.