2.13. Check, adjustment and replacement of a driving belt
1. Driving belts are maple belts. They are located on the left side of the engine both their state and the correct tension are very important for operation of the engine.
2. The number of driving belts on the car depends on the installed equipment. One belt transfers the drive from a bent shaft to the generator and the water pump, and other belts transfer the drive to the compressor of the conditioner and the pump of system of hydrostrengthening of steering.
12:3á Main forms of wear of driving belts
and. Small cracks
. Lubricant hit
. Always check the lower party of a belt
12:3í Check belts for existence of the following wear tracks - if the belt is worn-out, replace it
3. Check all driving belts on all length for existence of cracks, stratification of material, a potrepannost at the edges and wear tracks (12.3a and 12.3b).
12.4 Measurement of a deviation of a belt by means of a ruler and a level
3. Belt deviation
4. Check that the ruler was perpendicular to a level
4. For check of a tension of a belt pressure him a thumb with effort approximately in 3 kg in the point located in the middle between two pulleys and check a deviation of a belt (12.4).
5. For carrying out adjustment it is necessary to move the unit receiving the drive on a fixing arm.
12.6 Move the generator for adjustment of a tension of a belt
1. Adjusting bolt
2. Pulley of the water pump
3. Pulley of a bent shaft
4. Fixing bolt of the generator
5. Generator pulley
6. On some units for this purpose it is necessary to turn off an adjusting bolt and to move the unit as it is necessary (12.6).
12.7 Turn off a lock bolt and tighten up an adjusting bolt for adjustment of a tension of a belt
2. Adjusting bolt
3. Lock bolt
7. On other units it is necessary to turn off a lock bolt. Tighten up an adjusting bolt for the correct tension of a belt and tighten a lock bolt (12.7).
12.8 At installation of a driving belt check that it was established precisely on the middle of a pulley
1. Correctly 2. Incorrectly
8. For replacement of a belt weaken its tension and take off a belt from pulleys. For removal of some belts it is necessary to take off other belts previously. At installation of a new belt check that it was established precisely on the middle of a pulley, and adjust a tension of a belt (12.8).