13.4. A strut - removal and installation
1. Lift the car and remove a forward wheel.
2.6a Elements of the stabilizer of cross stability and strut (Precis)
3. Stabilizer of cross stability
2. Remove a clip, the fixing stabilizer of cross resistance to a strut (2.6a).
3.3a For removal of a strut turn off a big nut and remove a washer and the plug...
3. Turn off the nut fixing the stabilizer of cross resistance to a cross-piece of a forward suspension bracket and two bolts and nuts fixing other end of a strut to the lodveska lever (3.3a and 3.3b).
3.3b... then turn off two bolts and nuts (are specified by shooters) fixing a strut to the suspension bracket lever
4. Remove a big washer and the rubber plug from a strut, then get a strut from a cross-piece.
5. Check a strut for existence of cracks and deformation. If the strut is bent more than on 3 mm, replace it. Examine plugs on existence of wear tracks, cracks and other damages and replace them if it is necessary.
3.6 Twirl internal lock-nuts on a strut on distance in 80,5 mm from the end of a strut
6. Before installation of a strut twirl internal lock-nuts on a strut (3.6).
7. Establish an internal washer and plugs on a strut and insert a strut into a cross-piece. Establish two bolts and nuts fixing a strut to the suspension bracket lever and tighten them till the required inhaling moment.
8. Install the external plug, a washer and a nut on a strut.
9. Establish a clip and a bolt, the fixing stabilizer of cross resistance to a strut. Lower the car on the earth and twirl a bolt.
10. Tighten an external nut on a strut till the required inhaling moment.
11. Check adjustment of forward wheels.