12:13. A servoamplifier of brakes - check, removal and installation
1. Squeeze out a brake pedal several times at the switched-off engine and check that the course of a pedal of a brake did not change.
2. Squeeze out a pedal of a brake and start the engine. If the pedal slightly fell, so the servoamplifier is serviceable.
3. Start the engine and let's it work one-two minutes. Slowly squeeze out a brake pedal several times. If the brake pedal course gradually decreases, so the servoamplifier is tight.
4. Squeeze out a brake pedal when the engine works, then kill the engine, without releasing a brake pedal. If the pedal does not fall within 30 seconds, so the servoamplifier is tight.
5. The servoamplifier is not subject to repair. If it failed, it needs to be replaced.
6. For removal of a servoamplifier remove the main brake cylinder.
12.7 Get to the check and a pin, then turn off
fixing nuts of a servoamplifier (are specified by shooters) (the Precis model is shown - the others are similar)
9. Ask the assistant to press a brake pedal several times, then to squeeze out a pedal up to the end.
7. Find the pusher fork connecting the amplifier to a pedal of a brake (12.7).
8. Get to the check and remove a fork pin.
9. Holding a fork flat-nose pliers, turn off a lock-nut and disconnect a fork.
10. Disconnect a vacuum hose from the amplifier.
11. Turn off four nuts and remove washers (12.7).
12. Remove the amplifier from a back wall of a motive compartment.
13. Installation is carried out upside-down removals.
14. Measure and adjust a gap between the piston of the main cylinder and a pusher of a servoamplifier
12.14a the Gap between a pusher of a servoamplifier and the piston of the main brake cylinder has to be such as it is specified in the section of technical characteristics-. if the gap is too small, brake slips will not depart from a disk; if the gap is too big, the pedal of a brake will have excessively free wheeling
12.14b For adjustment of length of a pusher of a servoamplifier hold a pusher flat-nose pliers and tighten up an adjusting nut
Tighten up an adjusting nut (it is specified by an arrow) for the correct adjustment of the course of the lever of the emergency brake (the Galant model is shown) (12.14a and 12.14b), having tightened up an adjusting nut on the end of a pusher of a servoamplifier.
15. Upon completion of installation of the main cylinder and a servoamplifier pump over the brake system.